June 22, 2016 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
A Delicious and Easy Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe for Chocolate Lovers
When we were young, we couldn’t be more excited when our mums made a delicious chocolate cake, and we grew and we still get excited over chocolate! I always found homemade chocolate cake a lot tastier than the ones we get from the bakery, do you agree? Moreover, homemade chocolate cakes give you the chance to add whatever you like as a topping. Chocolate lovers, this homemade chocolate cake recipe is for you... So, let’s see what the chocolate cake recipe is all about, and how it’s done.
Ingredients of the homemade chocolate cake recipe:
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 room temperature eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Nutella jar
How to make a homemade chocolate cake?
1. Turn on the oven before starting the baking process, and set the heat to 170 C.
2. Take a round pan and spray the bottom with cooking spray, and then cover the sprayed bottom with baking paper.
3. In a bowl, whisk the cocoa powder along with 1 ½ cups of boiling water, until it becomes smooth.
4. In another bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together. Then add the eggs, the butter, the sour cream and vanilla. To mix them all together very well, use an electric mixer on medium speed.
5. Now it’s time to add the cocoa to the previous mix. Keep beating with the mixer on low speed.
6. Take the pan and pour the mix in it, if the pan is smaller than the mix, use another pan.
7. Leave it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Tip: Stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake to make sure it’s done, if the tooth pick comes out clean then the cake is done.
9. Take the chocolate cake out and let it cool down for 10 minutes. And then using a knife, run around the edges to take it out on a serving plate.
10. Using a spread knife to spread the Nutella all over the chocolate cake.
11. Don’t forget to cut the strawberries into slices to garnish the top and dip it into the delicious Nutella topping.
Enjoy every piece of this delicious homemade chocolate cake!
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!28 Simple and Delicious Ways to Eat Nutella