September 26, 2016 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
A Fast and Easy Recipe to Make Pizza Using Pita Bread
Pizza lovers, we have some awesome news for you... You can now have pizza at home anytime you want with the easiest and most available ingredients at home. Make pizza out of flatbread or as some others call it pita bread, because you won’t only enjoy your favorite meal, but also you’ll be eating a healthy meal. Pita bread or flatbread pizza is easy to make, so let’s get started!
Ingredients to make flatbread pizza:
- Large pita bread, white or whole wheat
- 1 tbsp fresh tomato puree
- ½ tsp mixed herbs (oregano, basil, garlic powder)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cube Kiri cheese diced into small pieces
- 4 pieces of salami
The easy recipe to make flatbread pizza:
1. Flatbread is best served fresh and out of the oven, so make sure to purchase the flatbread an hour before making the pita bread pizza.
2. Spread the tomato puree over the top of the flatbread bread.
3. On top of the flatbread, spread the mixture of cheese...the shredded mozzarella, the shredded cheddar cheese and the diced Kiri cheese.
4. Sprinkle the mixed dry herbs over the cheese.
5. Then add the salami pieces over the top, and your flatbread pizza is ready to get into the oven.
6. Place the flatbread pizza into the oven on high heat for five to seven minutes, but make sure to monitor the flatbread pizza the whole time while it melts so it doesn’t burn.
P.S. You can always add whatever ingredients you like to the flatbread pizza, because it’s easy to make and very delicious to eat! Bonne appétit.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.