March 30, 2016 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
A Glazed and Crispy Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
Did you know that salmon is one of the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which your body highly needs? A great way to get your necessary in-take, is to eat at least two servings of fish during the week. For that, I suggest you try out this teriyaki salmon recipe, which you'll surely love. This recipe guarantees a perfectly glazed and crispy teriyaki salmon meal. Who wouldn't want that?
What you will need to make the teriyaki salmon:
1 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp ginger (freshly grated)
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp cornstarch
3 cloves garlic (minced)
Steps to make the teriyaki salmon:
1. You need to start by making the teriyaki sauce. So, get a saucepan and add the water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic. Leave on medium heat at stir well.
2. After a couple of minutes, add the cornstarch, and stir until the mixture starts to thicken.
3. Make sure the salmon fillet is skinned. Then it to the marinade/teriyaki sauce you just made. Leave it to marinate for a couple of hours.
4. In a skillet or a frying pan, add some oil and start to pan-sear the salmon fillet to get a glazed effect. Flip both sides to cook, and don't add the teriyaki sauce yet!
5. Prepare a baking dish by lightly coating it in oil, and add the pan-seared salmon and teriyaki sauce.
6. Cook inside the oven for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
7. Your teriyaki salmon is ready to be devoured, and you can serve it with steamed rice and vegetables.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.