November 17, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Broccoli Soup Recipe
Soups have become very basic. From chicken soup to tomato soup, it's about time to try something different. Go for this vitamin loaded broccoli soup. Easy and mouthwatering!
What you will need:
600 Grams of broccoli
4 Tbsp of butter
4 Cups chicken broth
3 Tbsp of all purpose flour
1 Big chopped onion
1 Medium sized chopped carrot
1/2 Cup cream
Handful of croutons
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the butter in a pan with medium heat temperature until it completely melts.
2. Add the broccoli, chopped onion and carrot together and leave until fully cooked.
3. Add flour to the mixture until flour turns gold.
4. Pour chicken broth and leave it to boil. Uncover the pan and simmer all the soup components till the broccoli is soft. Add the cream while mashing it up till it turns to puree. Cover the pot back and then turn off the heat.
5. Add salt, pepper and croutons for an added taste and bon appetit!