December 23, 2014 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Carrot Cake Recipe
A scrumptious, moist carrot cake, topped with the most delicious layer of cream cheese frosting. How yummy does this sound? Very mouth-watering indeed! If this made you crave carrot cake, then you can easily make it at home. So here's the carrot cake recipe...
What you will need:
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil- 2 Cups flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 Cups finely chopped walnuts
- 350 Grams cream cheese
- 50 Grams butter
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tsp milk
1. Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees. Now get a bowl, and add the sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs, then beat with an electric mixer.
2. It's time to add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the mixture in the bowl. Blend very well using the electric mixer.
3. Add the chopped carrots and walnuts, and stir them into the mixture using a whisker.
4. Get your baking pan, and make sure it's greased and floured, to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
5. Pour the batter in the baking pan, and leave it in the oven to bake for about 45 to 60 minutes. You'll know it's ready when you insert a toothpick in the middle of it and it comes out clean.
6. When the cake is baked, take it out from the oven and leave it to cool for about 10 minutes. Then remove the cake from the baking pan and leave it to cool completely.
7. Meanwhile, you could prepare the cream cheese frosting. So get a bowl, and mix the cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
8. Gradually, start adding the powdered sugar, and make sure to mix while you're pouring it.
9. Refrigerate the cream cheese frosting, and store it until it's time to use it.10. Using a spatula, spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake, covering the sides and top.Tip: Enjoy a slice of the carrot cake with a warm cup of tea! Sounds perfect for a winter evening at home, doesn't it?
Photo Credits: Experienceraw.com
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.Don't Leave Just Yet!