June 03, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Don't worry, cinnamon rolls may seem complicated and hard to make, but really it is not. It is a long process, but most definitely an easy one. You can save yourself some hassle if you decide to purchase the dough ready, instead of making it from scratch. So if you are stuck on time, purchase some ready made dough from a nearby bakery, and make yourself some delicious cinnamon rolls.
What you will need:
1/2 Kilo dough
4 Tbsp soft butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp soft butter
1 tsp of vanilla
2 Tbsp of milk
** First things first; preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius while you start to make the cinnamon rolls.
1. Start by greasing the surface of the pan you would like to bake in. Don't use up all the butter, you will need half of it for the dough.
2. Next, it is time to roll on the dough into a rectangular shape; do use a roller for that. After the dough looks like a rectangle, pound it a bit, moulding it into a flat surface.
3. Using a cooking brush, grease the rectangular shaped dough.
4. Add the brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix them together. Once they are blended into each other, start sprinkling them on the greasy dough.
** Don't sprinkle all the sugar, leave a small handful to top the rolls later.
5. Now it is time to roll the dough into a cylindrical shape. Sprinkle the remaining sugar, then start cutting. You want to cut the dough into round even pieces, you should have around 10-12 pieces.
6. Place each of the cinnamon rolls into the greased pan. After that turn off the oven and place the pan in it for 25 minutes. This will allow the dough to rise before you actually start to bake.
7. Once the dough rose, you can turn the oven back on to 350 degrees, to bake the cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes.
8. You'll know the rolls are ready when they turn a golden crisp color.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes before pouring the icing on it.
How to make the Icing:
1. Melt the remaining soft butter in a small pot.
2. Pour the powdered sugar and vanilla into a seperate bowl and mix them. After they are blended, pour the melted butter on them and mix.
3. Next add one tablespoon of milk to the mixture and stir thoroughly until the glaze is thick and heavy.
4. Once you feel the icing is thick enough, add the other tablespoon of milk, stir fast to make it creamy enough.
5. Now you can pour the glaze over your cinnamon rolls and enjoy.