August 14, 2018 04:28 PM | by Farida Abdel Malek
Cooking Shows Bring Me Comfort and so Does This 2 Minute Recipe
I could not cook to save my life and have never put any effort into learning. I do ,however, find incredible comfort and joy in watching cooking shows. I don't know what it is, but watching people cook and bake brings me so much relaxation and serenity. It has been my 'me time' secret for a while now and my favorite way to unwind at the end of the day. Nigella Lawson takes it to a whole other level, her love and passion for cooking is enchanting to watch and she always makes me want to drag my amateur self into the kitchen and do whatever she's doing.
When I saw her version of a 2 min Om Ali I was mind blown by how easy it is to create the ultimate comfort meal just by having bread and milk in a bowl. It was something I could actually do and gave me the satisfaction of an Om Ali or Gourmet Bread Pudding. I also loved the story she told while preparing it about how much it reminded her of her mother and childhood. Try it out one night and thank the cooking queen Nigella for reminding us of the beauty of the basics.
- Vanilla Extract
1. Warm up the desired amount of milk (depends on your bowl of choice) in a pan on high heat.
2. Add preferred amount of sugar (depending on how sweet you would lik it).
3. Add a dash of vanilla extract and mix with the milk.
4. Bring milk off heat as it boils.
5. Roughly cut up thick slices good white bread.
6. Pour milk over the bread in a bowl.
7. Sprinkle some sugar on top.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.