November 24, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Corn Dog Recipe
This is by far one of the meals that truly makes me nostalgic! Not only was it my all-time favorite snack at school, but also it's the crunchiest and most mouthwatering classic snack anyone can have at the movies. Prepare corn dog sticks at home just like those food stands at the parks with this easy recipe.
What you will need:
8 Beef/Chicken hot dogs
8 Wooden sticks
1 Cup yellow Quaker cornmeal
1 Cup milk
1 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 Cup white sugar
4 Teaspoons baking powder
1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil (for frying purposes)
1. Combine and mix flour, salt, pepper, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Pour in eggs and milk, mix them all together till the mixture becomes thick.
2. Leave the hot dogs to boil separately until well cooked. Meanwhile, put the oil to heat in a medium-sized sauce pan.
3. Place the wooden sticks into each hot dog and then roll it in the previous mixture so as to be well coated.
4. Deep fry the coated hot dogs in the sauce pan till the corn dogs become slightly brown or gold.
5. After the corn dogs are well done, place them in a strainer to remove excess oil. Dipping sauce on the side like mustard or ketchup will be the perfect choice for you if you want more taste.