September 10, 2013 12:00 AM | by Amira Azzouz
Creamy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
As easy as preparing Risotto might seem, attention to detail is extremely important. If one tiny detail goes wrong while cooking, it might result in having your Risotto being too sticky, which is not how you want it. Follow our ingredients and steps closely and you'll be enjoying a very delicious creamy mushroom Risotto.
What you will need:
1 1/2 Cups of Arborio Rice (aka Egyptian Rice)
1/2 Cup Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1 Vegetable Stock
1 Cup White Mushrooms
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Chopped Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
1 Cup Parmesan
1 Finely Chopped Onion (optional)
1. Start off with the vegetable stock to turn it into soup. Add five, small to medium sized cups of water along with the vegetable stock in a pot and turn on the stove heat for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the butter, garlic, onions, mushrooms and rice in a separate pot, and heat for two minutes while stirring the mixture well.
3. Add five small cups of the soup you prepared in step one, in addition to the cream. Make sure at that point, the pot is on low heat until the liquid is absorbed, which should take approximately 25 minutes. Make sure you stir regularly!
4. Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
5. Finally garnish with parsley and extra cheese if needed.