June 03, 2020 04:05 PM | by Nada Abbady
5 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Lazy Days
We’ve always been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and as we’re usually busy on weekdays and out of breakfast ideas on weekends, we either skip breakfast or fuel on unhealthy snacks. therefore I decided to provide you with 5 healthy breakfast recipes for your lazy days. I’ve got your breakfast menu all ready for you…
5 Healthy Breakfast Dishes for Lazy Days
1. Avocado Toast
Avocados are incredibly nutritious, loaded with fibers, and has more potassium than bananas. There are many ways that you can make an avocado toast and a lot of different things that you can add. As for me, I prefer this easy breakfast recipe by your favorite Instagram foodie @noha.kitshe.
- Toast or brown bread
- Boiled eggs
- Squeezed lemon
- Salt and pepper
You simply squish the avocado, squeeze half a lemon on it, then spread it on the toast. Add the sliced egg, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. For the final touch add some oregano on top, et voila!
2. Spinach and feta egg wrap
This is one easy breakfast idea with eggs, it's so fast as it takes only 5 mins to prep and another 5 mins to cook, so a total of 10 mins and your healthy and tasty breakfast is ready to be eaten. No need to list down the numerous benefits of spinach we’ve all been frequently told as kids.
Image credits: Pinterest
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 4 Kalamata olives (halves)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tortilla (white or whole wheat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a pan to medium heat and add 1/2 of a tablespoon of butter to the pan
2. Scramble the eggs in a small bowl, add the rest of the butter and salt and pepper
3. Add the mixture to the pan and just before the eggs are cooked add the spinach and combine until they are both cooked.
4. Lay the scrambled eggs over the tortilla, top them with feta cheese, crumbs and olives.
5. Wrap together and it's ready.
Here's another 10 Delicious and Easy Ways to Eat Eggs.
3. Smoked Salmon Bagel
Salmon and bagel or, as I like to call them, the dream team, is the perfect combination, all tasty and healthy at the same time. Salmon is a great source of protein and packed with omega 3, it provides you with all the nutrients you need to keep your energy during the day. You can also cover it with a plastic wrap and have the best healthy breakfast on the go.
Image credits: Pinterest
- 1 Bagel
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp Pickled red onions
- 1/2 tsp Green onions
- 1/2 tsp Capers
- A few sprigs of dill leaves
- The juice of 1 lemon wedge
1. Toast your bagel and spread the cream cheese on it.
2. Layer the smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese spread.
3. Add the pickled red onions, scallion rings, capers, and a few dill leaves.
4. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and it’s ready.
4. Chocolate Greek Yogurt
This recipe is personally tried and Approved it’s fast, healthy, rich in protein, and good for digestion, so let me introduce you to this sweet breakfast recipe by the one and only @kitchen_keys.
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Honey or more to taste
Optional: Top with strawberry + dark chocolate + shredded coconut
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.
5. Homemade granola bars
granola bars are a great source of fiber and protein that can help curb your cravings. so not only they can be a diet-friendly snack for you but they're also a good breakfast idea for your kids. and what better way to avoid high sugar commercial granola bars than to make them yourself at home, and here is a recipe by @yallazest.
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup of shredded almonds
- 1 cup of cashew butter
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup of dried fruits
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
Follow the steps shown in the video and refrigerate for 6 hours, and there you go.
Main Image Credits: Pinterest
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.