September 03, 2013 12:00 AM | by Amira Azzouz
Easy and Healthy Crisp Carrot Fries
Are you always trying to feed your kids healthy food but they refuse to eat up their veggies? Even when it comes to us grown-ups, it's quite hard to focus on eating healthy food when it's not as delicious as other options. Now let me introduce you to the carrot fries, which not only your kids will fall in love with but also your whole family including yourself.
Please note that the same steps can be applied to sweet potato fries and radish fries.
What you will need:
6-8 Carrots (makes 3-4 servings)
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of dried herbs (perhaps parsley and rosemary)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Wash the carrots and cut each carrot into 4 sticks or even thinner if you'd like. It's up to you whether you'd like to peel off the carrots or leave them as is, as the recipe works both ways.
2. Toss the carrot sticks in olive oil, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
4. Arrange the carrot sticks in a single layer over the baking sheet and make sure to flip the fries (aka carrot sticks) two or three times so they can brown evenly.
5. Bake the carrot fries about 35-40 minutes or until they turn into golden brown and of course crisp. Keep a close eye on them so they wouldn't burn.
6. Serve them with a nice dipping sauce such as honey mustard or ranch.