November 26, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe
I am one of these people, where cakes and brownies are simply not complete without chocolate frosting. From time to time, I do add some Nutella. However, when I've got some free time on my hand, I love making myself some chocolate frosting from scratch. It is actually a very simple recipe, and can be done in no more than 20 minutes. Frankly, even if you don't have a cake to put it on, just lick the spoon, it's so worth the calories.
What you will need:
2 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
5 Tablespoons Milk
6 Tablespoons Softened Butter
6 Tablespoons Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Firstly, get two bowls, as you will mix the dry ingredients separately.
2. In the first bowl, add the powdered sugar and the cocoa, and mix them together thoroughly.
3. In the second bowl, add the butter first. Stir it with a whisk for a minute or so until it is fluffy.
4. Next, you will begin to add the sugar and cocoa you mixed to the second bowl, then add milk. Beat for a few minutes, and the mixture should turn brown.
5. Lastly you will add the vanilla extract to the mix and beat until the mixture becomes creamy. If you feel like it is too thick, you can add an extra table spoon of milk to make it more creamy.
6. Spread the creamy chocolate icing onto your cake/cupcakes and you are good to go.
Tip: I like to pour the frosting into a plastic bag, and make a hole at the corner of it. Tie the bag from the middle and gently squeeze icing out of the it onto your surface. That way, you can decorate the cake/cupcakes in that famous spiral shape.