February 02, 2013 12:00 AM | by Georges Bouabjian
French Baked Potatoes
Craving a delicious homemade meal to prepare for your family with a few easy steps? Then the French Baked Potatoes by Chef Georges Bouabjian will do the trick.
800 gr Potatoes
400 gr Medium Onions
3 x Garlic Cloves
1 x Vegetable Stock Cube
100 gr Butter
2 tbps Fresh Parsley
* Quantities may vary depending on the baking dish size.
1. Peel and finely slice the potatoes.
2. Peel and finely slice the onions, garlic and chop the parsley.
3. In a pan, fry the onions mixture soft and lightly till golden.
4. Dissolve the stock cube with 750 ml of boiling water.
5. In a baking dish, place a layer of potatoes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and layer of onions finishing with a potato layer.
6. Pout the hot stock to almost cover the potatoes.
7. Break up the butter, dot over the top and cover the foil.
8. Place in preheated oven for 45 minutes then remove the foil, push the potatoes down and return until golden and crisp.