May 24, 2020 04:25 PM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
French Toast Roll-Ups: A Fast and Yummy Homemade Dessert Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe for your family? French toast roll-ups are not only mouth-watering, they are also super fast to make at home. And the good thing about them, is that you can make them with any filling you like...
This is a strawberries and cream French toast roll-ups recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Strawberries (cut into tiny pieces)
- 1 tsp butter
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together really well.
2. Cut out the edges of the toast, and then using a rolling pin, flatten and press the toast a little bit.
3. Spread the cream cheese on one edge of the toast, and then place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese.
4. Roll up the toast, and dip it in the mixture you just prepared in step 1.
5. In a pan on medium heat, melt the butter and fry the French toast roll-ups.
6. You can finish off by sprinkling some powdered sugar or adding maple syrup.
Note: You can replace the cream cheese and strawberries with anything else you prefer, like peanut butter and bananas, Nutella and strawberries and even jam.
Main Image Credits: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.