August 18, 2016 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
How to Make a Flavourful Italian Caprese Salad at Home
Because Italy is the land of delicious food, I had to share with you one of the most delicious salad recipes they're famous for. The Caprese salad recipe is so easy to make, and it’s also so mouth-watering! So here you go, this is how you can make the Italian Caprese salad at home.
Ingredients to make the Caprese salad:
- 3 tomatoes, cut into thick slices.
- 1/2 kg of buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices.
- 20 fresh leaves of basil.
- Olive oil.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- Salt and pepper.
Steps to make the Caprese salad?
1. In a flat plate, start arranging the tomatoes and mozzarella. Put one slice of tomato and put over it a slice of mozzarella, and so on until you create horizontal layers.
2. Place the fresh basil leaves in between the layers, for garnishing and adding an exceptional taste.
3. Drizzle the olive oil, salt and pepper over the salad, and then start preparing the balsamic reduction.
4. In a small sauce pan, add the balsamic vinegar and the honey. Stir over high heat, then bring to a boil, and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Leave aside to cool down, then drizzle over the Caprese salad.
5. If you want, you can add slices of grilled chicken, it would make your Caprese salad even more delicious.
Scroll down to see different ideas to creatively present your Italian Caprese salad to your guests.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!A Tasty Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs Recipe