November 11, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
How to Make Rainbow Colored Cupcakes
Rule of life, anything colorful is delicious and pretty. Picture this scene, a pyramid made out of rainbow colored cupcakes, and the one at the very top has a layer of beautifully multi-colored frosting. Pull yourself together woman and head to the kitchen, pull out the following ingredients and get started:
What you will need:
- Vanilla cake batter (to make the process easier, just get some ready-made vanilla cake batter from the super market)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tsp of vanilla powder
- Food coloring
- 6 small round bowls
- Muffin tray
- Baking paper cups
- 6 plastic bags
1. Pre-heat the over to 350 degrees.
2. Crack the eggs in a plastic bowl and mix them with an electric mixer until bubbles start to form.
3. In another bowl, add the batter, eggs and vanilla powder. Mix them together with an electric mixer until batter is heavy and creamy.
4. Divide the batter into the six small round bowls.
5. Add food coloring to the batter in each of the round bowls. For example, add a couple of drops of red to one of the batters and mix it. The whole batter should turn red.
6. Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter using different colors.
7. You should have six different bowls of colored batter, or whatever number of colors you chose.
8. Place the cupcake baking paper cups in the muffin tray.
9. Using a spoon, scoop up some of the red batter and place it as the first layer in the paper cups.
10. Next, using another spoon, scoop up some different colored batter and place it above the first layer. For example, the first layer is red, the next layer is green, etc.
11. Do that with each of the colored batters you used until you fill up the paper cups.
12. Place the muffin tray in the oven fro 10 minutes.
You can find the recipe of making frosting here.
If you choose to buy ready-made vanilla icing, you will do the same as what you did with the batter.
- Divide the icing into different bowls.
- Add a couple of food coloring drops to each and mix, so that the frosting turns colored.
- Next, you can place all the colored icing in a plastic bag. Knot it at the top, pressing down on the frosting, and form a small hole at the corner using scissors.
- Squeeze on the bag, and the icing will come out looking colorful and swirly.