November 23, 2016 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
How to Make Tasty Cheetos at Home
What if I told you that you can make Cheetos at home? Yes, sure you can, with some very basic ingredients that already exist in every kitchen; you’ll be surprised by the easiness of this recipe! So let’s get started:
Ingredients to make Cheetos at Home:
- 4 tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 250 ml all purpose flour
- 7.5 ml yellow cornmeal
- 250 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Ingredients to make Cheetos’ coating:
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp buttermilk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cornstarch
How to make Cheetos at home:
1. Beat the salt, butter and garlic powder together on medium-low speed for 1 to 2 minutes in a bowl, until it a is formed.
2. Take out the dough with your bare hands, and wrap it very well with a plastic wrap, and then let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, you should prepare standard baking sheets, and preheat the oven 350 degrees.
4. Now it’s time to take out the dough, and start pinching little pieces out and roll them into small logs. And then place them in rows and columns on the baking sheets.
5. Leave the Cheetos chips in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes maximum. You’ll know they’re done by their brownish color at the edges.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the Cheetos coating. Mix the cheddar cheese, buttermilk, salt and cornstarch all together with a mixer.
7. Now in a large resealable plastic bag, place the coating mixture and then add the Cheetos chips and shake the bag very well.
8. Your homemade Cheetos is ready to be munched, while watching your favorite movie!
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!