October 29, 2017 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
Kitchenista Shares with Us 2 of Their Top Liked and Most Delicious Recipes!
A woman's journal of recipes is as sacred as her personal diary where she keeps all of her secrets. Mastering a recipe didn't come easy, she tried it many times in different ways until it became perfect. So, imagine a Facebook group gathering more than 20 thousand women, sharing their most precious secrets, their cooking recipes. This group is called Kitchenista, and it's like the emergency call you make when you only have three ingredients in the fridge and don't know what to do with them...Kitchenistas will then come to the rescue with 10 different recipes.
We talked to Kitchenista's founders Aya Wael Al Ansary and Doaa Ismail Hakky, and this is what they said to us: "Cooking and DIYs are our passion, we do them with love. We thought to share this love with other women who have the same passion. There ain't no secret recipe no more."
They also shared with us two of the top liked and most delicious recipes by two members of the Kitchenista group.
Let's start with the healthy recipe by Nada Essam: Qinuoa, sauteed vegetables, and barbecue chicken breasts.
- Your favorite vegetables like (carrots, bell peppers, zucchini) cut into pieces.
- Chicken breasts, marinated in salt, pepper, and yogurt.
1. For every cup of quinoa use 1 cup of water, and cook it like rice.
2. After you cut the vegetables, cook and stir them in olive oil and garlic, and then add cajun spices.
3. Grill the chicken breasts, and then when they're almost done, give them a brush of 1 tbsp of barbecue sauce.
Photo Credits: Kitchenista, by Nada Essam.
The second recipe is by Amera Elomda: Dedicated to the donuts lovers who would love to make it at home whenever they crave it.
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of baker's yeast.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1 and 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour.
1. In a large bowl, mix the baker's yeast with the sugar in very little warm water, and let it sit in for a while.
2. Then add the warm milk, eggs, melted butter and the 1/4 cup of sugar to the previous mix. Mix them all together very well.
3. Now this is very important, you'll start adding 1 cup of flour at a time, until you feel like it's turning into a paste.
4. You have to start kneading this mix for 5 minutes, until it turns into a dough. And then cover it and leave it in a bowl until it doubles in size for an hour.
5. Take it out, and place the dough on a well-floured surface and roll it flat, but don't make it skinny, it needs to have a little bit of thickness.
6. Using a knife or a jar's cap, cut the dough into circles. Leave it again for 1/2 an hour to double in size.
7. In a deep frying pan, pour about two bottles of frying oil, and let the oil become very hot. This way, the donuts won't be oily when they come out.
8. After frying the donuts, take them out and let them cool down a little before you sprinkle some sugar on top.
9. And then using a straw, make a hole inside every donut to fill it with your favorite filling, whether it's Nutella or jam, you decide!
Photo Credits: Kitchenista, by Amera Elomda
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!