July 19, 2013 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Oven-baked White Rice Recipe
There are several ways when it comes to cooking rice, and I bet that we all have rice included in our meals at least once per week. If you want a different taste than your regular cooked white rice, try out the oven-baked white rice which is a traditional Egyptian recipe. It does take a little bit more time to cook, but its rich taste is so worth it.
What you will need:
1 Kilo White Rice
1 Liter Milk
1/4 Liter Cooking Cream
1 Table Spoon Butter
1. Soak the rice in a bowl filled with cold water for 15 minutes then drain it.
2. Oven-baked white rice is best cooked in pottery, so spread the butter in a clay pot and then add the rice to it.
3. In a separate saucepan, heat the milk for five minutes, add a pinch of salt and white pepper and then leave the milk until it starts to bubble.
4. Add the warm milk to the rice in the clay pot and then pour the cooking cream.
5. Cover up the clay pot with aluminum foil paper and place it in the oven at 180 degrees and leave it for 45 minutes.
6. After that, open the oven and remove the aluminum foil paper and leave the clay pot for another 10 minutes, this will result in a roasted and crispy surface.