July 21, 2014 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
Ramadan Iftar Menu: Day 23
Tomato Soup + Roasted Chicken with Rosemary + Cake Pops
You can find the recipe for tomato soup right here.
Roasted Chicken with Rosemary
1 kilo boneless skinless chicken breasts
What you'll need:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Chocolate frosting (click here for the recipe)
1 bar white chocolate
Cake pop sticks
Prepare the sponge cake:
1. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and butter and beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes.
2. Crack the eggs, add them to the bowl, along with the vanilla and beat again with the electric mixer.
3. Now add the milk and keep beating, then add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, and beat the mixture slowly until it becomes smooth.
4. Butter a baking pan using a pastry brush, and then pour in the batter.
5. Bake the cake at 250 ºC for 30 minutes. To make sure that it's baked, insert a knife and it should be clean when you get it out.
6. Leave the cake to cool for 20 minutes before you remove it out of the baking pan.
Prepare the cake pops:
6. Prepare a pan with parchment paper and place the chocolate cake balls on it.