May 11, 2019 12:15 PM | by Omneya Hossam
Ramadan Iftar Menu: Roasted Chicken, Chicken-Cream Soup and Crème brûlée
Continuing with our Ramadan Iftar menu today we decided to do a special and classical one. Classic and traditional dishes shouldn't be hard if you know the right ingredients and hacks. Here we have three of your favorite dishes that will help you learn to cook like a pro.
Whole Roasted Chicken
Chicken and Cream Soup
Image Credits: Taste
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 2 fillet chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
1. Heat the butter in a cooking pan then add the onion, ginger, and garlic then stir till they turn golden.
2. Add the chicken to the pan till it turns golden.
3. Sprinkle a bit of flour on the chicken.
4. Add the salt, pepper, and stock then keep stirring till the mixture boils.
5. Lower the heat and cover the pan then leave it for 10 minutes.
6. Add the cream and let it boil for 1 minute.
7. Serve the soup in a large bowl and add the parsley on top for decoration.
Image Credits: David Lebovitz
- 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4-6 tsp of granulated sugar, for caramelization
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Place four ramekins or small cups aside.
3. Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat until you can see small bubbles form around edge of the pan.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and the sugar until it turns thick for about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. When the cream is hot, gradually whisk it into into egg yolk mixture. Add and the vanilla and stir.
6. Pour mixture into the ramekins.
7. Pour very hot water into a baking dish and put the ramekins inside of it, the water should reach halfway up ramekins.
8. Carefully place the baking dish in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it has a slight jiggle in the center.
9. Carefully remove the ramekins from water.
10. Let them Cool and then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
11. Before you serve the ramekins sprinkle sugar evenly over their surfaces.
12. Now caramelize the sugar using a mini torch or by placing the ramekins directly under the broiler.
13. Serve Immediately.
Main Image Credits: Taste
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.