June 12, 2016 12:00 AM | by Nora El-Sadat
Ramadan Recipes: Crab and Apple Salad by Nora El-Sadat
There is no Ramadan Iftar menu that's complete without a salad! Try this delicious crab and apple salad recipe; it's not only yummy, but also so healthy. You'll find the steps below, and it will only take you a couple of minutes to mix everything all-together.
Ingredients to make crab and apple salad:
Crab meat (or crab sticks)
Bell pepper (chopped)
Spring onions (sliced)
Squash (half boiled and diced)
Apple (1/2 apple peeled and cut)
Crab and apple salad dressing:
4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tsp honey
1 Tsp mustard
1 Tsp sea salt
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
Steps to make crab and apple salad:
1. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, watercress, kale, mushrooms, bell pepper, onions and mushroom. Toss very well to mix all ingredients.
2. Add the cucumber and apple slices, then add the squash.
3. In a jar, mix all the ingredients of the salad dressing, cover it up, shake it very well.
4. Add the crab meat to the salad bowl, and pour the dressing.
5. Top off your crab and apple salad with some grated Parmesan cheese.
Want to know how the crab and apple salad will look like? Here you go...
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!