September 22, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
The Pancake Series: Chocolate Chip Pancakes
The spoiling continues with a second round of delicious pancakes, this time, chocolate chip pancakes. Who doesn't like chocolate? They're delicious, so why not include them in a mouth watering breakfast. Better yet, how about you spoil your husband or children by preparing them chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast one day, the gratitude will be infinite.
What you will need:
1 Cup Flour
1 Table Spoon Sugar
1 Table Spoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tea Spoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips (I use the Hershey's one yum!)
Pinch of Salt
** This will create a batter that will make up to 12 pancakes, be sure to store the unused in the freezer or fridge.
1. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and beat them with a mixer until they become fluffy and filled with bubbles.
2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
3. Add the batter you mixed in step 2 onto the eggs in step 1 and beat thoroughly. Make sure you mix very well, until batter is a whitish/yellowish color and is creamy.
4. Pre-heat a wide pan, and add a few drops of oil/butter to it. Spread it across the entire pan to prevent any sticky situations.
5. Using a ladle, scoop up some of the batter and lay it in the middle of the pan.
6. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top of the to be cooked pancake in the pan, be sure to space them out, as they will melt and spread.
7. Reduce the heat, so that the pancakes are cooked from the inside out. Once the edges turn a golden brown, it's time to flip and cook the other side the same.
Voila, you have yourself some chocolate chip pancakes. Leave a bowl of chocolate chips on the side and some fruits, it will make for a spectacular breakfast.