October 20, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
The Pancake Series: Cinnamon Pancakes
I am a cinnamon lover! Whenever I am baking I will always add a pinch of cinnamon, just to give it that spicy and sweet flavor. I decided it was about time I included my favorite ingredient in the fourth Pancake Series. The pancakes turned out a bit darker than usual, and I personally loved it with some powdered sugar and apples. Here is how to make it:
What you will need:
1 Cup Flour
1 Table Spoon Sugar
1 Table Spoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tea Spoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 Table Spoon Cinnamon
** This will create a batter that will make up to 12 pancakes, be sure to store the unused in the freezer or fridge.
1. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and beat them with a mixer until they become fluffy and filled with bubbles.
2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
3. Add the batter you mixed in step 2 onto the eggs in step 1 and beat thoroughly. Make sure you mix very well, until batter is a brownish color and is creamy.
4. Pre-heat a wide pan, and add a few drops of oil/butter to it. Spread it across the entire pan to prevent any sticky situations.
5. Using a ladle pour batter into the middle of the pan, and cook until ready to flip. Make sure to reduce the heat while cooking so that the pancake is cooked from inside out. Be sure to cook the pancake on each side for at least one minute.
6. Once your pancakes are done, sprinkle some powdered sugar onto them. Bon appetite!