March 09, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta Recipe
Bruschetta is by far my favorite appetizer, whenever I find it on a menu, I simply must order it. The thing about bruschetta, is that it is very easy to prepare, it's also a great way to serve some snacks if you have people over. Here's the recipe to make tomato and basil bruschetta.
What you will need:
2 Cloves of garlic
1/2 tea spoon of salt
** The amount of tomatoes depends on the slices of bread you plan to serve. For example, you will need four tomatoes, for eight slices of baguette.
1. The trick in perfecting bruschetta is seasoning the tomatoes. Start by dicing the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Place the diced tomatoes in a bowl and add the salt, a dash of pepper, the basil and a crushed clove of garlic. Mix the tomatoes amongst the spices thoroughly.
3. After the tomatoes have been seasoned, add two tablespoons of olive oil, and mix once again. Leave the tomatoes to absorb the spices for about 20 minutes.
4. While waiting for the tomatoes, slice up the bread. Just make sure not to make them too thick.
5. Place the slices of bread in the toaster, just until they are warm enough and crunchy. Be sure not to burn them at all, that will ruin the taste.
6. Once the bread has been toasted, rub the second clove of garlic on each slice of bread. Don't use up the entire clove, just enough to give the bread a garlic flavor.
7. Place the slices of bread in a serving tray of your choice.
8. Now it is time to add the seasoned tomatoes to the slices. Use a ladle to scoop up the tomatoes and place even amounts on each slice.
Voila, you have made your very own bruschetta appetizer!
1. You can add some balsamic vinegar to the seasoned tomatoes for extra flavoring.
2. If you are a cheese lover, you can shred some cheese, and add it to the the bruschetta at the end.