Oh, who doesn't love burgers? Almost everyone agrees to the fact that they are one of the tastiest meals, even vegetarian people enjoy their own veggie burgers! As grown ups, it's very hard to resist a mouth-watering juicy burger patty in a fresh tasty bun. So, how do you expect your kids to resist it? Eating healthy is very critical especially when it comes to children because at a young age, this is when their body is structured and built. It's always important to be very picky when it comes to the food we decide to feed our children, and to focus on providing them with healthy elements that will boost their immunity and their overall well being.
Restaurant's burgers can be so tasty, but you can never guarantee that the ingredients used are 100% healthy AND clean. No matter how many times you promise your kid to cook them their favorite fast-food at home, it might not always end up as tasty as it is at restaurants. Well, it's time to make it up for your kid! Check this quick, delicious and also healthy burger recipe that will make your child enjoy a finger-licking good meal at home!
- 1/2 kg minced meat minced (should contain at least 20 to 30% fats)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp burger spices (available at any spice shop)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 egg
- Salt to preference
- 2 Tbsp flour
1. Use the mixer to blend both the meat and the onion.
2. Add the flour and the breadcrumbs to your mixture, and mix really well.
3. Now, add the egg along with the spices, and blend everything together.
4. Pack the meat in a firm plastic bag and make sure it's tightly closed, then place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
5. Take the meat out of the fridge, and shape it in the size and thickness of your preference.
PS: Make sure not to make it too thick so that it can easily be cooked.
6. Pack each piece separately, and place all of them in the fridge again. This time leave the meat to cool for just an hour.
7. Add a few drops of oil (preferably olive oil) in a frying pan, then start cooking each burger patty until both sides become well cooked.
Optional: You may double the benefits of the meal by adding a layer of scrambled eggs over the burger patty.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @backdrop