December 13, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
A Simple DIY Christmas Tree Ornament
In the spirit of the jolly season, why not make your own Christmas tree ornaments? This Christmas decoration will give your Christmas tree a very special and personal touch to it. Just like a Christmas globe, here is a very easy and cool DIY Christmas tree glass ornaments.
What you need to DIY Christmas tree glass ornaments:
- Old transparent bulbs.
- Transparent foil paper.
- An A3 or A4 paper with printed Christmas shapes.
- Transparent small tape.
- Permanent coloring pen.
- Transparent thread.
Steps to make Christmas tree glass ornaments:
1. Gently remove the top of the old transparent bulb, and then gently remove the insides of the bulb.
2. Using scissors, cut out the shapes on the A3 and A4 printed papers.
3. Then, place the cut-out Christmas shapes on the transparent foil paper, and fix them with small pieces of the transparent tape.
4. Using the cutter, start cutting out the shapes. Trace on the edges gently, to make the Christmas shapes clear.
5. Separate the printed paper from the transparent foil paper.
6. Now start coloring the transparent foil paper to make the shape visible inside the transparent bulb.
7. Now pour the salt inside the transparent bulb, until it reaches the quarter of the bulb.
8. Roll the cut-out transparent foil and insert it inside the bulb. Re-open it when it reaches the inside. Using tweezers or bobby pins, try to make it stand straight within the salt.
9. Now put back the top of the bulb, and fix it with glue.
10. After it completely dries, now wrap a transparent thread around the top of the bulb.
11. Now your glass ornament is ready to be hanged on your Christmas tree.
Looking for another creative DIY? We've got a ton here!
Don't Leave Just Yet!17 Christmas Movies That You Have to Watch