I am constantly thinking of new ways to organize my jewelry. I don't really like placing my necklaces with my rings, or bracelets, everything should have its own place to prevent any tangles. Looking through Google at ideas to organize jewelry, I got inspired to make something different than just a box.
What you will need:
- Old drawer
- Super Glue
- Two shoe boxes
- Spools of thread (mini ones)
1. Make sure to pick out an old drawer, preferably one that's not too heavy. You will be hanging this drawer on the wall, so make sure you don't need it anymore.
2. Paint this drawer with a color that will match the wall you want to hang it on. Make sure to leave it to dry completely before you start working on it again.
3. Measure the dimensions for the drawer from the inside, you will need them to cut the piece of cork to fit into it perfectly.
4. Once you cut out the cork, it's time to add super glue to the back. Don't just add glue everywhere, you need to pick the key points, which means adding big portions of glue to the corners of the cork and connecting them with a dab of glue.
5. Stick the cork to the drawer and leave it to dry up for half an hour or so. You don't want to risk it falling off.
6. Now it's time to hang the drawer/ jewelry organizer you created. Mark four dots on the wall you wish to hang it on. Be sure the distances between the nails are equal, the result should be a proportional shaped rectangle.
7. Using the hammer, add four nails to the dots you marked on the wall.
8. Next, you will use the drill to make four holes in the back of the drawer, so you attach it to the nails to hang on.
9. Start adding the pins to the cork board you just made, just make sure to space them out well. That way, your jewelry will hang and look organized.
10. Gather up colorful spools of thread, and place them on top of the pins you just put in the cork board. Not only will it look very colorful and pretty, but also you will have made a cushioned surface to drape your necklaces from.
11. You can attach earrings to the cork board directly in the spaces you left between the pins.
12. Finally it's time to use the shoe boxes you put aside. These are mainly for the rings and the heavy items, like the statement necklaces, that can't really be hung.
13. Add the shoe boxes to the bottom of the newly hung drawer. Just make sure they are not too big, so they can rest comfortably at the bottom and not fall off.
It's a long process, but totally worth it. You can even use the top surface of the drawer, and add some frames or even as a bookshelf.
Voila your personalized jewelry organizer/new shelf.