I was walking through the mall and saw these shoes in the window at Kate Spade, and I knew I just had to try and make them.
What you will need:
Plain black pumps, wide-width satin ribbon, zig zag scissors, velcro in the same colour as your ribbon, iron, fabric scissors, needle and thread, visoflex and pins.
1. Begin by cutting the ribbon in 4 lengths, each the length of the diameter of your ankle.
2. Cut and pin the visoflex to the back of each of them.
3. From here iron the lengths together, the visoflex will help support the ankle straps and make it more stable.
4. Use the zig zag scissors to cut the edges of the lengths so they don’t fray.
5. Now it’s time to make the gorgeous “Grande Bow.” I learnt to create bows this way from that amazing 'Crate and Barrel' workshop.
6. You then slice the bow ends on an angle.
7. Sew the bow on the end of the ribbon length.
8. From here, cut the velcro and then hand stitch it to the back of the strap.
9. Repeat this process on the other side and you will have your ankle straps.
For more fashion and lifestyle DIY ideas,
check out Simone Heng's blog Cheapnchic.net.
Seven Styling Tips to Wear a Denim Shirt
Trend Alert: Colorful French Manicure
Five "It" Bags Celebrities Are Currently Holding