January 30, 2014 12:00 AM | by Simone Heng
DIY Pimped Out Ballet Flats
This is one of my favorite DIYs because it’s so easy and effective. It’s using the same technique as this DIY over-sized corsage flower.
What you will need:
Fabric scissors, tulle, fabric of your choice, old ballet flats, needle and thread (in matching colors), crystals or beads.
1. Begin by folding the fabric in half and cutting semi-circles in it.
2. Continue to do this with the tulle as well until you build a pile of circles.
3. Begin folding the circles irregularly and threading the needle and thread into them.
4. You should have something that ends up looking like the photo below. Thread the crystals through the centre of the flower to hold everything in place.
5. Find where you want to place it on the shoe and thread it through the center. Repeat this until the flower is secure.
6. Repeat this process for the second shoe.
That’s all! Try these on your old pumps, or even on old sandals.
For more fashion and lifestyle DIY ideas, check out Simone Heng's blog Cheapnchic.net.