This has got to be one of the most exciting chapters for Cheapnchic.net. I can’t say much more besides that some cool things are happening with the blog in the Australian market.
In 2014, one of my resolutions besides delivering even better projects to you was to watermark all my images properly and start doing videos. I also wanted to put more fashion into the posts, so from now on, where possible, I will model the craft projects “street style” and credit the labels I wear. So here is the first blog with watermarked pictures.
These bags are fresh off the Spring Summer 2014 runway at Prada:
I wanted to jump on this project because I know how soon the DIY sector will respond. In fact within days of me having photographed this, American craft kit company, Darby Smart started promoting their version. If you’re in North America and can’t paint, here is a fool proof way to emulate this bag, just buy the box online and modge podge the portrait.What you will need:
Old vintage bag, acrylic paints, image of what you’d like to paint, palette, brushes, jar of water, cloth to wipe brushes, masking tape, pencil, scrap paper to line your work surface and PVA glue.
1. Begin by lining your surface and then taping the bag with masking tape to stop the rest of the bag getting painted.
2. Prime the base of where you will paint with white acrylic paint. This will take several coats. Use a flat and broad brush for this. Make sure it’s completely dry and as smooth as possible before taking the next step.
3.From here sketch out the design you’d like to paint.
4. I always block out the base colours of each element before getting into the details.
5. I was able to finish this project in a few hours because the sun is so hot in Perth at the moment and means I can move on to each new element. When the base colours are blocked, then start layering the details.
6. Finally you will end up with your finished design.
7. The last step is to varnish and seal by coating the whole back in white PVA glue which dries clear. Use a smooth and broad brush.
8. This is how I wear it!
Fashion Forward Dubai Season 2