March 23, 2016 12:00 AM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
10 Styling Tips for a Cool and Artistic Bookcase
Ever looked through pictures of beautiful bookshelves and bookcases on Pinterest, and just wished you could get one like them? Well guess what, with these 10 easy styling tips, and an artistic touch, you can get a cool bookcase just like the ones you see.
1. Instead of stacking up your books vertically, try to stack them up horizontally too. A mix between horizontal and vertical book stacking can be a winning formula.
2. Add a leaned piece of framed artwork on the bookshelf, as it adds a lot of personality to your bookcase.
3. On top of horizontally stacked books, put a piece of accessory like a vase or a picture frame.
4. Add some flower pots, but make sure to use fake/plastic flowers, so you don’t have to water them. This way, you can totally avoid accidents.
5. Make it personal by adding some family pictures and keepsakes, like travel souvenirs you collected.
6. Color coordinate your books for a cooler effect.
7. Pick the pretty book covers or the ones with a cool title, and put them on display.
8. Make sure to add some bookends. They'll add so much to the look of your bookcase. They more interesting the bookends are, the cooler your bookcase will look.
9. Put accessories in empty spaces or on top of books as I mentioned before. You can use decorative boxes, sculptures or globes.
10. Last but not least, you can add a pretty wallpaper to the background of the bookshelf for even a cooler effect.
Now that you've read the styling tips for a cool and artistic bookcase, scroll down and see some great-looking bookcases for the ultimate insoiration.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?