January 18, 2015 12:00 AM | by Zeina Tawfik
Grilled Halloumi Cheese Sandwich Recipe
I just love halloumi cheese, it's one of my favorites and I always look for ways to include it in my meals. In fact, halloumi cheese makes a great addition to salads and sandwiches, and today I'll be sharing with you the grilled halloumi cheese sandiwch recipe. I always used to order a grilled halloumi cheese whenever I spot it at a cafe's menu, but trust me, there's nothing like the homemade version!
What you will need:
- 1 Baguette bread
- 150 Grams Halloumi cheese (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 1 Eggplant (sliced)
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
1. In a grill pan, add the olive oil and saute the tomato and eggplant slices. Leave over medium heat for a couple of minutes, then remove the vegetables and let them dry on a tissue paper.
2. Add the butter in the same grill pan, let it melt and then add the halloumi cheese slices. Make sure to flip the cheese on both sides until each slice looks golden and crusty.
3. Now it's time to assemble the grilled halloumi cheese sandwich! Open the bread and lightly toast it, then spread a layer of the basil pesto on both sides.
4. Add the roasted vegetables, the arugula leaves, and then add the grilled halloumi cheese slices on top.
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.
Don't Leave Just Yet!