Summer weekends are all about chilling and relaxing in the sun by the beach! Sometimes, the heat gets to you, and what better way to cool down than having a nice cold fruity drink? Whether you're spending your summer on the beach or sitting in front of your laptop screen, melting from the heat, we prepared 12 fruity summer drink recipes just for you to enjoy on hot summer days.
1. Watermelon Slush Recipe
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled)
- 5 mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of salt
1. Chop the watermelon into cubes to fill about 2 cups and don’t forget to take out the seeds. Peel the cucumber and chop it into cubes too.
2. Pour half of the ingredients into a blender and blend them until they become smooth. Then, take the other half and blend it too until it becomes smooth.
3. Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a bowel to get all the juice and leave out in any seeds.
4. Now, it’s time to blend this mixture again but with ice-cubes this time. Don’t blend for too long; otherwise, the ice would come out slushy.
2. Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Meal Plan Addict
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp basil
Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender and serve.
3. Pineapple Juice in a Pineapple Cup Recipe
Image Credits: Yoga of Cooking
- 1 Pineapple
- Pineapple corer
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Coconut cream
1- Using the pineapple corer, remove top 3/4 of inside one pineapple. (Make sure not to pierce through bottom of pineapple; otherwise, your drink will leak). Use a knife to carefully remove remaining bits.
2- Chop the cored pineapple into large chunks and add them to a blender with the coconut cream and milk. Fill the blender with ice and blend until slushy.
3- Pour the drink into the cored pineapple and top with flowers.
4. Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 can of Lemonade soda
- 1 tsp. Raspberry jam
- 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon slices
- 2 or 3 Mint leaves
1. Put 1 tsp. of raspberry jam into a cup.
2. Pour the lemonade soda on the raspberry jam.
3. Squeeze ½ a lemon over it for a sour taste.
4. Chop the fresh raspberries into small piece and add into the mixture.
5. Add the lemon slices and mint leaves to the cup along with ice cubes.
5. Papaya Vimto Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Instagram @vimtoarabia
- 1 papaya fruit
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sugar to preference
- 2 Tbsp Vimto
- 5 Ice cubes
Blend for 2 min in the blender and serve.
6. Virgin Pomegranate Mojito Recipe
- 3 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Mint leaves
- 1 lime cut into two
- Pomegranate juice
- Lemonade juice
1. Put the pomegranate seeds into ice cubes a day earlier, fill them with water, and let them freeze until the next morning.
2. Mix half of the mint leaves with lime then punch them together with a rolling pin.
3. In a cup, add the pomegranate juice and the lemonade together. If you pour ¾ cup of pomegranate, add a quarter cup of lemonade.
4. Add the ice cubes, lemon slices, and some mint leaves to the cup to garnish it.
7. Peach Iced Tea Recipe
Image Credits: Sugar & Cloth
- 1 Liter of water.
- 2 peach tea bags (caffeinated or not depending on preference).
- Nectarines (if not available, use peaches).
- Cinnamon sticks.
- Star anise.
- Honey or Stevia.
1- In a small saucepan, bring honey, water, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and peaches to a boil. Then, lower heat and use a spoon to stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor.
2- Once all the ingredients are well combined, cover, remove from heat, and let cool for 25-30 minutes.
3- While the mixture is cooling, brew your tea in a large pot or a tea maker.
4- Once brewed, remove the tea bags and transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate to cool.
8. Pink Lemonade Recipe
Image Credits: Best Friends For Frosting
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups superfine (powder) sugar
- 2 cups cranberry juice
1- Place the cranberry juice, sugar, lemon juice, and 4 cups of water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2- Place a fine strainer over a pitcher and pour the mixture. Add the remaining water to the pitcher and stir until combined. Chill and serve with ice cubes.
9. Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Simple Vegan Blog
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of cubed frozen mango
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
Mix everything together in a blender and serve immediately.
10. Simple Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Eva Kolenko
- Ice Cubes
You know the drill. Blend well until smooth, strain the mixture, then pour into a pitcher. (Don't forget to remove the seeds beforehand)
11. Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Natalies Health
- 2 1/2 Cups frozen blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup full cream milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Blend, blend, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy!
12. Kiwi Mint Smoothie Recipe
Image Credits: Sunkissed Kitchen
- 2 Kiwis (pick ripe ones)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
1- Peel the kiwis and cut them in halves.
2- Wash the spinach and mint leaves well.
3- Blend everything together, pour the mixture, and let cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Enjoy the sun and the beach with these super easy refreshing fruity drinks!
Main Image Credits: Instagram @hellooctober