October 14, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Eight Magical Benefits of Honey for Your Skin
How many times have you used that jar of honey on your kitchen counter? Chances are, you probably used it to sweeten your tea from time to time, or took a couple of spoons with lemon when you are feeling sick. But, did you know that honey is actually very beneficial for your skin? So, if you are not using your jar of honey in the kitchen, it is time to place it in the bathroom with the rest of your skincare products.
1. Benefits of Honey: Honey is a product to combat dry skin and keep your skin super soft. With the changing of the seasons, your skin will be going through a dry phase, and honey is the perfect remedy. You can use it to exfoliate your skin, or use some in the bathtub and soak it up for 20 minutes, it will rid your body of dead skin cells.
2. Benefits of Honey: Woke up with a pimple on your forehead? Don't reach for your typical spot cream, instead dab some honey on it before you go to bed. When you wake up, you will notice quite a difference.
3. Benefits of Honey: Got an upcoming event and want your skin to glow? Don't go in for a facial, go for a DIY honey face mask, it will unclog your pores, and hydrate your dry skin. Or even just apply a thick layer of honey to moist skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes, your skin will feel soft and look fabulous.
4. Benefits of Honey: Sometimes makeup can be really hard to remove, and rubbing your skin excessively with makeup remover and cotton will only lead to irritation. Instead, try using honey as a facial cleanser. You can mix it up with coconut oil to form your very own cleanser. It will remove makeup much easier and unclog your pores.
5. Benefits of Honey: Every now and then, some parts in our bodies need a quick fix, right? Mix some honey with olive oil and some lemon juice and apply it to the dry areas like your knees and elbows. Leave it to get absorbed for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
6. Benefits of Honey: Honey is one of the best ways for hair removal. Mixing honey with sugar and lemon juice will form a light brown paste (sweet). Use it like wax strips, applying it with the growth of hair and pull off in the opposite direction. It will leave your skin hair free and smooth while removing a layer of dead cells.
7. They always say age gracefully, however why not age sweetly. One teaspoon of honey is filled with antioxidants which help rejuvenate the skin. Remember, Cleopatra used milk and honey in her beauty routine!
8. Do you experience razor burns, or red spots from your source of hair removal? Honey is the perfect way to ease the pain and soothe your skin. Just apply a thin layer of honey to your damp skin and rinse off after a few minutes.