Chia seeds are currently one of the top health trends. Yes, trends exist everywhere, even when it comes to food! So what is this superfood all about? Chia seeds are tiny grains that come from a flowering plant in the mint family.
The main reason chia seeds are all the rage now, is because they're very beneficial for health and well-being - a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and nutritional fibers.
Now let me tell you the top 10 reasons why chia seeds are good for your health:
1. Chia seeds are loaded with fibers, and your body needs fibers for a healthy digestive system. The adult woman requires a daily in-take of 25 grams of fibers, and a tablespoon of chia seeds includes just about 11 grams of dietary fiber. Don't forget to load up on water as you're eating any fiber-rich type of food!
2. Another reason why chia seeds are good for you, is that they're a great natural detox food. Chia seeds help you cleanse your colon and get rid of body toxins. How to make chia seeds detox water? Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 1 cup of water, then add 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of agave nectar. Use a closed jar to shake the mixture really well, then you can drink it up!
3. Chia seeds are a great source of protein for vegetarians. In fact, a tablespoon of chia seeds includes as much protein as an egg.
4. If you're looking for some ways to help you lose weight, then you should try chia seeds. Why it works for weight loss? Chia seeds absorb a large amount of water, so they can help your stomach feel fuller, and thus you'll consume less amounts of food. In addition to so, chia seeds include essential fatty acids that help boost your metabolism.
5. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help your heart's health by lowering your blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and inflammation.
6. Have you been suffering from a bad memory lately? Chia seeds can help you enhance your memory, and boost your brainpower.
7. Chia seeds contain all the essential amino acids that your body needs - from a plant protein source. What do amino acids do to your body? They're considered one of your body's building blocks, as they grow your muscle's tissues.
8. Did you know that chia seeds can help regulate your blood sugar? Being high in fiber and healthy fats, chia seeds can naturally balance your blood sugar. Chia seeds helps in improving your insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance.
9. Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, which makes it a great food type for your skin. Antioxidants help reduce the signs of aging, and greatly enhance the natural appearance of your skin.
10. Superfoods can help fight many diseases, and chia seeds are one of the most powerful anti-cancer types of food. Chia seeds help the body induce a certain mechanism that fights unnecessary damaged cells.
P.S. Yes, chia seeds are good for your health, but you have to closely watch your daily in-take! There are so many ways to include chia seeds in your diet, however, make sure you don't exceed two tablespoons per day, and always drink loads of water afterwards.