Leading a healthy lifestyle might sound intimidating to a lot of people, but the truth is, when it comes to food...it has less to do with what you take out of your diet and more with the little changes you can do that could make the biggest difference. It takes integrating healthy meals, like breakfast, dinner or even snacks, into your day to make the biggest difference and set your body up to the right start.
One of the best ways you can lead a better lifestyle is to try out different healthy breakfast recipes and snack ideas. So instead of going into a complex route on how to stay healthy, we wanted to show you how simple it can actually be. Juhayna launched its very own range of Authentic Greek yogurt and it is the perfect chance to show you how easy it is to add something as tasty and nutritious to your meals.
Why Greek Yogurt is good for you?
- First of all, it's really creamy, a lot creamier and thicker, than regular yogurt, which not only means it's a joy to eat but it can also fill you up faster when you're hungry.
- This creaminess comes from a straining process that makes it much more concentrated and dense in the nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and active healthy bacteria that our bodies need, which differentiates it from regular or Greek-style yogurt.
- Make sure you find Greek yogurt that has 100% natural protein, like the new Juhayna Natural Authentic Greek Yogurt which actually has twice the protein in regular yogurt. That's 15G of protein per cup...
- So what does this protein do for the body exactly? It's basically your muscles' best friend. It helps build, maintain and repair them. So yeah, the more protein there is, the more benefit you'll get.
- It also has probiotics which are the nice kind of bacteria that help you have a healthy bacterial balance in your gut.
- Greek yogurt has a high level of Calcium, which we're all in desperate need of these days. It helps in building strong bones and helping our vital organs to function.
Greek yogurt benefits for your skin and hair
- With the amazing amounts of protein in this greek yogurt, can you imagine what it could do for the hair? It can really enhance your hair's health.
- You can do a hair mask with your yogurt to nourish, moisturize it and even help with frizz.
-You can also do a scalp massage of yogurt mixed with a natural oil, to help soothe an itchy scalp due to dandruff.
- The probiotics in Greek yogurt help keep the colon healthy which naturally helps keep the skin healthier, because it aids it in the process of detoxification.
- Better detoxification means your skin will have an amazing healthy glow that gets rid of dullness and fatigue.
- These exfoliation factors can also really help if you use it as a mask or for a gentle cleanse. It can help the skin look younger and fresher, after a while.
- The yogurt can actually help with acne if you apply it directly on your skin, like a spot treatment.
- It also helps with irritation and redness, so it can be great if you're sunburnt and apply it to the affected area.
What makes a good quality Greek yogurt?
- Well it starts with making sure you're actually getting a natural authentic Greek yogurt, not just Greek-style yogurt.
- The difference is that with an authentic Greek yogurt, like Juhayna's, it is made the traditional Greek way with 100% natural protein.
- An awesome bonus is that Juhayna's Greek Yogurt is actually made using 100% natural ingredients. No preservatives. No gluten.
- It comes in one size which is 180g, but they offer 4 different levels of fat, depending on your diet and what you're looking for:
1. Pink: 0.2% Fat
2. Green: 2% Fat
3. Blue: 5% Fat
4. Burgundy: 7% Fat
- Juhayna Greek Yogurt has a long shelf life, 45 days from production date, so you won't be worried about the expiration date.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Greek yogurt is actually such a great healthy snack idea. It's also a great breakfast option because it helps you feel full for a longer time because of the high protein content.
People are always looking for healthy snack ideas that are rich in protein so it can help reduce hunger, build muscles and boost their metabolism. Juhayna's Greek Yogurt also has half the sugar and less carbohydrates than that in regular yogurt. So if you're looking for healthy breakfast and snack ideas, you can start incorporating it into your meals.
Greek Yogurt Breakfast Recipes:
Yogurt Bowl Recipe
- Greek yogurt (Try it with the Juhayna's pink Greek yogurt with 7% fat)
- Muesli or granola
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Walnuts or your preferred nuts
- Bananas or Berries
1. Mix together your yogurt with the granola/muesli, honey and walnuts.
2. Layer your fruit options on top.
3. Now sprinkle your seeds and add a drizzle of honey, if you'd like.
Banana and Oats Breakfast Smoothie recipe
Image Credits: Little Sunny Kitchen
- Greek yogurt (Have it low fat, so it's not too heavy, the Juhayna's pink Greek yogurt would be great for this recipe)
1. Throw all these ingredients in a blender. Make sure you put the ice last.
2. Blend for around 30-50 seconds.
3. Make sure it's thick and all ice is crushed. If you feel like it's not creamy enough, blend it for another 20-30 seconds.
4. Your smoothie should be a very thick beige color, this is when you'll know it's ready.
Tip: Crush the oats before adding them, to make the blending process easier.
Greek Yogurt Oatmeal Recipe
- Milk or water
- Greek Yogurt (Try it with the green Greek yogurt, which has 2% fat)
- Ripe bananas (mashed)
- Toppings of your choice. (Nuts, fruits, seeds, etc...)
1. Cook your oatmeal as you normally would with the milk or water on medium heat.
2. Stir in your mashed bananas and cinnamon.
3. When your oatmeal is cooked and at your desired consistency, take it off the heat.
4. Now stir in your Greek yogurt. Start with a small amount and then stir in more if you want.
5. Add your toppings.
Greek Yogurt Snack Recipes:
Greek Yogurt Dip and Salad Dressing Recipe
Image Credits: Five Heart Home
- Greek Yogurt (You can use Juhayna's burgundy Greek yogurt with 7% Fat for a creamy thick texture, if you're having it as a dip.)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Juice of half lemon
- Chopped dill
- Baby cucumber (very finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of the cucumber water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
All you have to do is mix all these ingredients really well together. This makes a wonderful salad dressing or dip for your lunch break snacks. It is also really yummy when drizzled on veggies.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Protein Shake Recipe
Recipe Credits: Eating Well
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (Best to have in low fat, like Juhayna's pink Greek yogurt with 0.2% fat)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
Mix all these together in the blender until it's smooth and homogenous or the consistency you prefer.
Sweet Greek Yogurt Snack Recipe
- Plain biscuits
- Greek Yogurt (For a balanced sweet snack, have it with the green Greek yogurt -2% fat, or the blue Greek yogurt -5% fat)
1. In a bowl, lay down a layer of your biscuits.
2. Drizzle on top some honey.
3. Add a layer of Greek yogurt.
4. Now top it with your choice of fruits and another drizzle of honey.
As you can see, it is a lot easier than you think to have healthier snacks, breakfast meals and even dinners throughout the day, with a simple product like Juhayna's Greek yogurt. All it takes is just being more conscious of your meals and trying to add as many nourishing ingredients as you can, along with Juhayna's Greek yogurt.