We're approaching the celebration of Moulid El Naby and we all know the day is not complete without a big box of Halawet El Moulid, which we showed you how you can make at home. The collection of nougats, candied nuts and Turkish delights are hard to walk away from, especially for me, a person that finds sweets irresistible. However, what might help us hold back when it comes to Halawet El Moulid desserts, is getting to know how much calories they contain. Of course, you don't have to hold back if you don't want to and you can go ahead and enjoy as much as you want to. But, if you're someone who likes to be aware of the amount of calories they consume, this is for you.
So here are the calories in Halawet El Moulid Sweets:
Candied Hummus (Hummuseya): 400 calories
Candies Peanuts (Fouleya): 800 calories
Candied Sesame (Semsemeya): 650 calories
Candied Pistachios (Fozdokeya): 630 calories
Candied Hazelnuts (Bondokeya): 700 calories
Candied Almonds (Lozeya): 650 calories
Plain Nougat: 420 calories
Nougat with Nuts: 500 calories
Plain Turkish Delight: 820 calories
Turkish Delight with Nuts: 1080 calories
Plain Coconut Bar (Goozeya): 640 calories
Coconut Bar with Nuts (Goozeya): 720 calories
Coconut Candy (Al Ladida): 500 calories
Tips to avoid weight gain from Halawet El Moulid:
1. You can limit it to one or two pieces a day.
2. Make sure you drink a lot of water, at least 2 liters a day. Staying hydrated will help balance out the amount of sugar in your blood.
3. Try drinks that help with the burning of fat, like water with lemon or ginger.
4. If you have diabetes, you should have one piece and try to not have more, while of course drinking a large amount of water.
5. You can also try to keep a regular exercise routine to make sure you balance and burn the high sugar intake.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @voiladessert_eg