Coconut oil is one of these products that's truly loaded with benefits. I bet you didn’t know that you could even whiten your teeth using coconut oil. It’s true. Put away your teeth whitening strips, and stop searching for whitening toothpastes, and use coconut oil as a natural product to whiten your teeth.
Did I mention that coconut oil is actually very good for your oral hygiene? The coconut oil will get rid of harmful bacteria, which helps get rid of bad breath and gum inflammations.
So, what is the actual process of whitening your teeth with coconut oil?
1. Well, the process of whitening your teeth using coconut oil is refereed to as, ‘Oil Pulling,’ meaning the swishing of oil around your mouth.
2. All you will need is 1-2 tea spoons of coconut oil.
3. Make sure the coconut oil is melted and not solid, or you can use the solid coconut oil and wait for it to melt in your mouth.
4. Swish the oil inside your mouth for 10-15 minutes. Don’t just swish the oil around for a few seconds and spit it out, you need an average of 15 minutes for oil pulling, in order for the coconut oil to be able to get rid of the plaque on your teeth.
5. After the 15 minutes are done, spit out the coconut oil and rinse your mouth with warm water.
6. Don’t worry if the oil starts to get thicker and look more milk white, that is normal, as it was mixed with your saliva.
7. Finally brush your teeth to give your mouth a minty fresh taste.
8. You will need to practice oil pulling every day for 10 days, to see a difference in your teeth. It is like using a mouth wash every day, but better.