We're continuing the skincare series with the latest skincare guide to taking care of your skin in your 50's. As women grow and begin to enter their 50’s, they start to lose their skin's elasticity. That is why you probably notice that a woman in her 50’s is more prone to wrinkles and fine lines appearing on her skin. The signs of aging will only continue to increase, if a woman does not have a good skincare routine to take care of her skin in her 50’s. However, don’t worry ladies, we are sharing with you a step by step guide to take care of your skin and restore its youthfulness during your 50’s.
1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! During your 50's, your skin needs the ultimate pampering, so moisturizing and hydration are necessary to compensate for what you already lost. When it comes to washing your face, be sure to go for a facial cleanser that contains minerals to clean and soften your skin. Use your facial cleanser at least twice a day.
2. To truly take care of your skin in your 50's, don’t head out the door without applying sunblock. During your 50's, your skin cells are likely to get destroyed a lot faster when exposed to the violent sun rays.
3. During daylight, be sure to use a serum that contains peptide before applying your regular face cream, as this serum will help restore the collagen in your skin. Look for a serum that contains some sort of anti-oxidant too, as it will fight free radicals.
4. As for night time, apply a cream that contains retinoid, as it is an anti-aging substance and will help hide any signs of wrinkles or fine lines on your face if you were exposed to sun rays.
5. Natural oils are one of the best moisturizing products that can help keep your skin soft for a long time during your 50's. Therefore, try to apply a natural oil to your face before you sleep.
6. One of the most important tips to taking care of your skin in your 50's, is to load up on juices and water as this will keep your body hydrated, therefore keeping your skin soft and moisturized.
7. Eye cream is a very important product for taking care of your skin during your 50’s. Eye cream not only maintains the elasticity of your skin around the eyes, but also it reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
8. To protect your skin during your 50's, load up on foods that contain anti-oxidants, or foods that can help elevate the collagen level of you skin, for example berries, carrots, and colored peppers.