During winter, hijab workwear can be a bit of a challenge. A hijab workwear outfit that's chic, keeps you warm and doesn't make you look bulky might not sound easy, but we're here to help you. Since skirts are one of your hijab fashion staples, here's how to wear skirts for hijab winter workwear. Give your hijab office look a boost this winter, by wearing skirts in different ways. Whether it's a wool maxi skirt, a pleated maxi skirt, or even a midi leather skirt, there are some tips to consider to wear skirts for hijab winter workwear.
1. Pick skirts made of heavy fabrics.
To keep yourself warm, make sure to pick skirts made of heavy winter appropriate fabrics, such as wool, twill or leather. Avoid wearing your silk or chiffon skirts for hijab winter workwear, they only belong to warmer seasons!
2. Wear tights.
Tights are a great way to layer during winter. Wear tights or leggings beneath your flowy skirts, this way you can stay warm and they are totally unseen. So no extra bulk showing!
3. Avoid shapeless tops.
For a hijab look that's appropriate for the office, avoid shapeless tops and over-sized knitwear. Pair your skirt with a shirt, tuck it in and wear a belt to define your waist if possible. You can also wear a sweater and slightly tuck in from the front. Add more definition to your formal look by wearing a tailored blazer.
4. Top off your look with stylish outerwear.
Don't forget to top off your hijab workwear look with stylish outerwear. Go for a colored coat as they're trending this winter, or pick a simple trench coat.
5. Less is more for the accessories.
- Avoid statement necklaces, and rather pick a simple necklace. If you think your look is too plain, then go for a simple layered necklace.
- As it can be difficult to wear heels all day during winter, pick a pair of ankle boots to wear with your skirt. If you prefer flats, then go for oxford shoes, they'll add loads of style to your hijab winter workwear look.
- A bag that's appropriate for the office should be a large one! You can include a snack, your laptop, etc.
6. Go for simple headscarves.
Always go for simple headscarves, and avoid any sophisticated wraps. The office is not a place to wear a scarf with a busy pattern, so pick solid colors that match your skin tone and your outfit. If you'll go for a printed headscarf, then make sure it's a subtle one.
To inspire you and help you avoid any hijab workwear troubles, here are some hijab winter workwear outfit ideas to make things easier.
Photo Credits: Hani Hulu