January 16, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
DIY Elbow Patch
Since it's winter, we are forced to wear long sleeves all the time. Why not give our boring old pullovers a face lift with a funky looking elbow patch? The cool thing about the elbow patch is that it can be any material you like and any shape you desire.
What you will need:
- Old pullover
- Needle and thread
- Approximately 5 inches of the material you chose to use
1. The first thing you need to do, is decide on the type of material you want to use to make your patch. It can be sequins, wool, leather etc… You are going to need around 5 inches of it.
2. Next, decide on the shape of the patch. You can choose hearts, oval, circles, squared, two stripes etc...
3. Cut the material into two long, yet wide strips.
4. Once you have decided on the shape, using the marker to draw on one of the strips.
5. Next, put both strips on top of each other and cut out the shape you chose.
6. Now that you have your patch ready, wear your pullover. Bend your elbows to mark where you want the patch to go with the marker.
7. Now it's time to sew on the patch. Make sure you choose a thread the same color as the material.
Tip: If you want to add on a wool patch, you can use one of your old scarves.
Photo credited to: Fabric and Textile Warehouse.