January 09, 2014 12:00 AM | by ScoopEmpire.com
DIY: Penny Vase
You know that bowl of coins you have on your cupboard? Since 25 piasters won’t benefit you much nowadays, here’s a great way to finally put those coins to use. This won’t take long and will definitely give your house the shabby chic antique look you’ve been looking for.
Thing you’ll need:
- Black Matte Paint
- Glue Gun
- Enough coins to cover the vase
- First things first, lay down some newspaper to make sure you don’t ruin your table or floor. Place the vase in the middle.
- Get the biggest paint brush you can find and cover the vase, you might need to add a couple of layers. The reason we’re painting the vase with a matte color is because we want to make sure that the coins stick and not fall of from the texture of the vase.
- Plug the glue gun in and as soon as it heats up start gluing those coins on, make sure you go round the vase so you can get every part covered up.
- Leave it for 30 minutes to make sure it’s all dried up, and there you have it!