Pins are one of those things that you always lose, no matter how many you buy, you will always end up with just one or two. So we decided to help you store your pins in a creative way, with a DIY pin cushion.
What you will need:
- Small jar
- Polyester stuffing
- Needle and thread
- Glue gun
- A pretty piece of cloth that is bigger than the diameter of the jar
- Satin ribbon
- Lace ribbon
- A piece of cardboard
1. Place a large amount of polyester stuffing in the middle of the pretty piece of cloth. Fold the sides of the cloth inwards and attach to the stuffing using the needle and thread.
2. Next, use the glue gun to attach the stuffed piece of cloth to the piece of cardboard. Make sure you attach it to the side where the stuffing is visible. Once you glued it to the piece of cardboard, glue the cardboard to the lid of the jar.
3. Sew the lace ribbon onto the satin ribbon using the needle and thread to make it look pretty.
4. You should be able to see the lid of the jar after attaching the cardboard to the lid. Glue the satin ribbon to the lid by wrapping it around the lid. Make sure you glue it to the lid, not the jar so that you are able to open and close the jar.
5. Now you can use the jar as a way to store your pins and the cushion can be used to store the ones you use most frequently. You will not lose any more pins with this DIY pin cushion!