You know that 'It was snowing outside and my cheeks look flushed' look that we almost never have here because temperatures never go below 6°? Well, I love it. We can sometimes get a hint of it when we've had really goodnight sleep or if you're blessed with naturally flushed cheeks. It is a look, however, that is hard to achieve with any blush. It needs to look really natural and as if it's coming from within your skin. Certain cream or water blushes and stains achieve that look. Benefit and The Body Shop have popular lip and cheek stain products that give off that effect.
If these products aren't accessible to you or you're looking for a 100% natural cheek tint. The following is great option. I found these steps from a YouTuber called Zornitsa Pavlova. She made a easy to follow video about how to make a DIY natural cheek tint using beetroot powder. You can watch it here, but for the meantime check the steps and tips below and try it out and tell us what you think.
If you can't find beetroot powder you can try to make it yourself if you own a dehydrator. Cut really thin beetroot slices and place them in the dehydrator overnight in 100°F. Crush the dried beetroot slices and place in coffee grinder to make them into a powder. Here are the steps to make the tint:
1. Add 1/2 a cup of distilled or filtered water in a pot on low heat.
2. Add 1 Tbsp of organic beetroot powder.
3. Mix them well with a whisk.
4. Keep gently stirring on low heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Keep stirring for around 2 minutes until it thickens and gets darker in color.
6. Put the mixture in a small jar of your choice and keep in the fridge.
7. When applying to your cheeks, try to blend quickly so it looks more even before staining your skin.
8. There will be some particle remains from the beetroot powder but as soon as you blend they will fade away.
Note: You can use this on your lips but it's a bit patchy and works better on the cheeks.
Main Image Credits: Wilderness Family Naturals