April 25, 2022 01:25 PM | by Sara Khalil
How to Make Eid Kahk and Petit Four at Home?
Eid is just a few days away, and we’re sure all of you ladies can’t wait to get your hands on some delicious Eid kahk and petit four. No need to look for the best bakery in town, as we are going to tell you how to make Eid cookies and petit four at home. So, get ready to wear your chef's hat and apron.
How to Make Eid Kahk?
Photo credit: @bygehadkhaled
1 Kilo of all-purpose flour
2 Cups of ghee
1 Cup of milk
1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
1 Tbsp of kahk spices
1 Tbsp of baking powder
A pinch of salt
For the filling (optional): malban, pressed dates, or nuts
1. In a bowl, start mixing the flour, salt, and baking powder, then add the kahk spices to the mixture.
2. In another bowl, beat the ghee with a hand mixer until it becomes fluffy, then add the milk. Keep stirring for a few more minutes.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually until a dough forms that can be shaped (bear in mind that the ghee mixture may not require the full amount of flour)
4. Divide the dough into the number of pieces you want and shape them into circles then add the stuffing or the filling of your choice. Don’t forget to decorate the surface using a burr.
5. Place the kahk in a tray and be sure to leave enough space between each circle, so that when they expand, they don’t stick together.
6. Bake the Eid kahk in the oven on medium heat and wait until they’re golden crispy.
7. Once you remove the kahk from the oven, leave it to cool down for a little bit, then add some powdered sugar on top.
Et voilà, you've just made your very own homemade Eid kahk.
How to Make Petit Four?
Photo credit: @sireens_bakes
3 cups of sifted flour
2 cups of butter
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1- Sift the flour with the baking powder.
2- Beat the butter with a hand mixer until it becomes fluffy, then gradually add the sugar to it while continuing to beat until the mixture becomes like cream.
3- Beat the eggs, add the vanilla, then pour the mixture over the butter mixture and beat again until everything is completely homogeneous.
4- Gradually add the flour and knead it lightly until you get an easy-to-form dough.
5- Divide the dough into two parts. Add the cocoa to one part and leave the other as is.
6- Shape the dough as desired, either with a funnel or with a petit four machine, then place the petit four pieces on the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each piece.
7- Bake the petit four in a medium heat oven until golden, then leave it to cool down completely.
8- Now stick every two pieces with jam and decorate it with nuts, coconut, or chocolate.
The best thing about these recipes is that you’re free to decorate them however you like and add whichever stuffing you’re craving. And last but not least, their cost is way cheaper than the ones you buy from well-known bakeries and for sure, they’re more delicious.
Main Image Credits: freepik
Find out how to make the most delicious recipes from our Kitchen section here.