December 03, 2013 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Shrimp Kunafa Recipe
The shrimp kunafa is by far my favorite appetizer ever, and it's an amazing way to start off your meal with. If you always choose shrimp kunafa as an appetizer when you're having dinner at your favorite restaurant, let me tell you that its recipe is so easy, you can do at home without having to head there every time you're craving it.
What you will need:
1/4 Kilo raw kunafa
1 Kilo peeled shrimps
1/2 Cup flour
1/2 Cup water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Soya sauce
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon seafood seasoning mix
1 Tablespoons salt
1. Mix all the ingredients together (except for the flour, water, shrimps and kunafa) in a large bowl, and then put the shrimps to the mixture. Leave it to marinate for approximately an hour.
2. Cut the raw kunafa into slices, according to the number of shrimps you have.
3. Put together the flour and water in a separate bowl, and dip all the shrimps in it. This step is necessary for the kunafa to stick to the shrimps.
4. Start wrapping the shrimps with the kunafa strips until they're fully covered.
5. Dip the edges of the shrimps in the flour, and then place directly in the frying pan on medium heat.
6. Serve it with sweet chili or sweet and sour sauce.