If there's a list of things that every woman should be able to do, then getting a perfect blow dry at home should be included in it. A woman should learn how to tame her hair, without having to hit the salon every time she wants to get a blow dry. Here are some tips to help you get a perfect blow dry at home.
1. You should always start by towel drying your hair after washing it or taking a shower, this helps you cut down on the time you'll spend exposing your hair to a blow dryer.
2. Use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair, and start combing it from the ends making your way upwards to minimize any breakage.
3. Invest in a good hair dryer and brush set, the best hair dryers that are available nowadays are equipped with the ion technology.
4. Apply a leave-in conditioner, serum, or heat protection to your hair while it's still damp, but make sure to avoid the roots as that will weigh down your hair.
5. Start with blow-drying the front area of your hair roughly, and then start sectioning it into several parts using clips to work on each separately using the hair dryer and brush from the roots to the end.
6. If you have thick hair, you would need to divide your hair into more sections, while if you have fine hair, you can split it into two or four parts.
7. Always ensure that the hair dryer is about 15-20 cm away from your hair, and that its nozzle is facing down.
8. Don't use the hair dryer on its highest heat setting, instead of that, use a higher air setting.
9. Make sure to keep the hair dryer moving and not focused on a certain hair strand.
10. Set your blow dry by using the hair dryer on its cold setting for a couple of seconds to maintain a smooth shiny look.
11. For added volume, flip your head upside down and give your hair a blast of air to lift its roots.