With the beginning of summer we’ve all added getting a good tan to our lists. Yes, lying in the sun for hours will get you that gorgeous golden skin tone, but a lot of us tend to ignore the risk of high exposure to the sun, thereby getting sunburnt, or even worse skin cancer. However, you can easily avoid the cons of tanning by following these simple steps:
1. Find suitable hours with minimal sun exposure, for example in the morning between the hours of 8 and 10 am.
2. Minimize the duration of sun exposure if you don’t want to apply sunscreen. Sunbathing for 20 minutes is more than enough.
3. Applying tanning oil with at least 15 SPF is a must .
4. Snacking on healthy vegetables such as carrots will definitely increase your immune system or you can simply use carotene sun lotion.
5. Try wearing UV wristbands that tell you when you need to reapply sunscreen.
6. For healthier looking skin, be sure to apply after sun lotion. I personally use Nivea’s after sun moisturizer for maximum benefit and softer skin.