January 11, 2020 02:20 AM | by Dalia Hosny
How to Whiten Underneath Your Nails Naturally
Whitening underneath your nails might require a little bit of effort. The thing about nails is that they can get discolored easily, either because of excessive use of nail polish or due to being exposed to dirt almost the whole day. To keep your nails looking fresh and clean, you might want to know how to whiten the your nails naturally.
So here are some home remedies to whiten nails:
1. Lemon Juice
1. Squeeze two lemons in a mini bowl.
2. Put your fingertips in the bowl for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Let the the juice sit into the area underneath your nails.
4. Rinse your hands with warm water.
5. Then make sure to apply hand/nail cream.
You can also check out here more tips for healthy looking nails...
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is known for its countless beauty benefits. In order to whiten the area underneath your nails naturally...
1. Mix 2 tsp of baking soda with warm water.
2. Apply the paste on your fingernails while making sure it reaches underneath your nails.
3. Leave it for around 5 minutes and then wash it off.
Another great way is to gently rub your fingertips and underneath your nails with a soft toothbrush that has some toothpaste on it. To whiten the area underneath your nails properly...
1. leave the toothpaste to set it for 3 minutes.
2. Then rinse with warm water.
3. Moisturize afterwards because it can dry out your hands and cuticles.
4. White Vinegar
You can also whiten the area underneath your nails using white vinegar.
1. 1 Tbsp of white vinegar along with a small cup of water.
2. Leave your nails soaked in it for 5 minutes.
3. Also, don’t forget to apply hand and nail cream to keep them moisturized.
5. Soap and Water
Needless to say, cleaning underneath your nails with soap and water is one of the most common ways to whiten the area underneath your nails. In order to achieve the best results, make sure to rub gently underneath your nails with a nail brush while using soap and water.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @roseinc
You'll find everything you need to know to make your nails look pretty in our Nails section here.